Nova Scotia immigration program for entrepreneurs
The Nova Scotia Entrepreneur Stream is a Canadian immigration program for experienced business owners or senior business managers who want to live in Nova Scotia. Candidates must start a new business or buy an existing business and must actively participate in the day-to-day management of that business. After operating the business for a year, the entrepreneur may be nominated for permanent resident status. Application to the Nova Scotia entrepreneur stream is by invitation only.
To qualify for the Nova Scotia entrepreneur Stream for permanent residence in Canada candidates must:
- Be 21 years of age or older;
- Want to live permanently in Nova Scotia while owning and actively managing a Nova Scotia business;
- Have a net worth of at least $600,000 CAD;
- Be able to invest at least $150,000 CAD of their own money to establish a business in Nova Scotia;
- Have at least 3 years’ experience actively managing and owning a business (1/3 ownership minimum) OR more than 5 years’ experience in a senior business management role;
- Have sufficient English and, or French language ability;
- Complete an online Expression of Interest;
- Receive an Invitation to Apply from the Nova Scotia Office of Immigration.